VZCAD Grants All Business Owners 30-Day Rendition Extension
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 virus on all businesses across the country, the Van Zandt County Chief Appraiser, Scott Hyde, has granted an automatic filing extension to May 15 for all business personal property renditions for tax year 2020. If you own a business in Van Zandt County and have tangible personal property used to produce income such as office equipment or inventory, you must report that property to the Van Zandt County Appraisal District (VZCAD).
There are new options this year when submitting renditions:
- * NEW * Fillable Online Submission: https://forms.vzcad.org/#/home
- You will be required to create an account to submit the form
- Scan & Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (903) 567-6600
- Mail: PO Box 926, Canton TX 75103
- Drop-off (currently only available during normal business hours in our front vestibule): 27867 State Hwy. 64, Canton, Texas 75103
The chief appraiser may also grant an additional 15 days after the May 15 deadline if the business owner files a written request before May 15 with the chief appraiser stating a good cause for requesting more time.
Rendition forms were mailed in January; however, blank rendition forms are available on the appraisal district’s website at https://vzcad.org/forms/ along with instructions to complete the form.
For more information about rendering property, deadline extensions, penalties and rendition forms, taxpayers may email email@example.com or call our office at (903) 567-6171.
If a rendition is not filed, filed late or not complete, a 10 percent penalty may be imposed. Filing a fraudulent rendition carries a 50 percent penalty if found guilty.